“Whatever has a foundation has a future. Just as every great tree has great roots”. The foundation of God’s Great Evangelical Ministry was build many years ago by Prophet Jonah Akpan, the late Prophet Jonah created a healing ground called “Isong Mbet” meaning Lawful ground which was gravels with a white flag pinned in the center of the circle which signified unity and Holiness. Here deliverance was conducted, healing took place followed with miracles, signs and wonders, the blind received sight, the lame walked, the deaf could hear, infertility became fertile by laying hands on them. The late Prophet Jonah divine power spread all over the world, white men from United States of America came to worship with him under the Lutheran Church of God. According to (white Men) “we came here to be strengthened, energized and positioned for greater success in our life and Ministry”. He was a rare germ to mankind. His ministry was supported by his dear wife Late Prophetess Sarah Jonah. As a true Prophet of God he conducted the ministry free of charge, the villagers decided to donate land for the church building at Ikot Odiong-Afaha Obong in Abak L.G.A in Akwa Ibom State Nigeria. As he died the ministry was struggling to advance to the next phase because His son didn’t know his gift of the spirit until when God reveal to him by a woman of God in another church to go back and take over the fathers healing Ministry with His Mother Prophetess Sarah Jonah. The Ministry was flourished with signs and wonders. He formed a prayer group and named “children Of the Holy Spirit” and Evangelist Micheal Jonah now the general overseer of this Great Ministry was the group leader which was earlier informed by the late Prophets that the present G.O ( Prophet Micheal Jonah) is a born prophet to our generation.
MISSION FOR THE CHURCH (PROPHET MICHEAL JONAH)
- To reach the unsaved in all nations
- To deliver the oppressed from the devil unto God.
- To open the eyes of those who are blind through teaching of the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- To Promote and encourage fellowship, harmony, mutual co-existence and brotherliness among the members of the ministry and the entire body of Christ in general
- To educate the masses and encourage more literacy and scientific advancement in rural villages, states and the country at large.
- To reconcile the world back to God through the new birth (John 3:5-11 Corinthians 5:17)
- To train the dynamic pastors of our time to liberate the people and set them free from torments
- To foster unity among nations and all people in the body of Christ through associations and church affiliations
- To gather and feed the new born babies in the Lord with sincere milk of the word that they may experience spiritual growth (Peter 2:2 John 21:15)
- To unfolds God’s Great Evangelical Ministries realities through our teachings.
- To dispel wrong doctrines that was based on wrong revelations, tradition of men and doctrines of men
- To teach the principles of living by the word of God
- To inculcate in people that the entire sanctification is a definite part of the fully justified believer
- To reach out to the unbelieving world with the gospel of Christ through crusades, conferences, etc
- To publish and distribute Christians literature to the world, carry out media evangelism through media plat form
- To open schools
- To undertake any other activities as may be deemed necessary to enhance the achievement of the mission objectives